Registered wiki users receive notifications for a variety of changes to the wiki. Users can set their notification preferences as needed.
Viewing notifications[edit | edit source]
To access the notifications page, click on your profile picture (1) and then click on Notifications in the Personal Tools (2). A red indicator is displayed if there are new notifications waiting.
The notifications page shows all incoming notifications.
The following features are available:
1 - Recent activity: The filter lists notifications by page. Clicking on a page name will only show the notifications for that page.
2 - Status filter: You can view all notifications as well as read or unread notifications.
3 - Settings menu: Here you can go to the settings page to choose the type of notifications you want to receive.
4 - Notification: Clicking on a notification will mark it as read. Alternatively, you can click the blue status icon. Read notifications are marked with a dark background and a blank status icon.
Notification settings[edit | edit source]
The following settings are available:
- E-Mail options:
- Send me: Frequency of notifications (none, immediately, daily, weekly)
- Send to: If you enter or change the e-mail address here, it will be changed for the entire wiki (i.e., under your profile data).
- Email format: (HTML or plain text)
- Notify me about these events: E-mail and wiki notifications for different events can optionally be activated or deactivated here. You can see a description of the event by clicking on the info icon. Grayed out checkboxes cannot be activated or deactivated and are set the same for all users.
- Notifications on namespace events (always both in e-mail and in the wiki):
- when creating pages in a namespace when editing pages in a namespace
- Notifications on categories (always both in e-mail and in the wiki):
- when a page is added or removed from a category listed here
- when a change is made to a page associated with that category